Proposed Activities of the Trust.
Competition of film festival to cultivate an occasion for conversations around the subject of mental health to take place - without judgment, prejudice, or threat wwas initiated with IDPA New Delhi.
Students across India were asked to share short films and about four films were shortlisted for award. Rs 1,00,000 was given to IDPA to collaborate and an MOU was signed. The film screening is awaited and reward ceremony is being planned.
The Barefoot Nurse Project was designed to run as a self-sustainable model. Barefoot community nurse program is founded on the premise that health starts at the neighbourhood level, and that everyone should have good care for what matters to them. We have tested the model rigorously in the field for 2 years and working effectively (please refer journal articles for details). We plan to supplement government activities and; develop a self-sustainable micro-entrepreneurship model in preventive and promotive services.
- Accessible: Screening non-communicable diseases in once neighborhood and pre-empt burden of NCDs;
- Affordable: the costs of tests are affordable to rural and remote population;
- Livelihood option; It takes care of livelihood for the barefoot nurse while providing preventive health care services;
- Technology: Smartphone enabled solutions for easy workflow, data capture- automation
In short, we are working to create lasting health and social change. Our approach is simple: identify the best institution, and then help ensure they grow and scale effectively. Our focus is evidence-based, with rigorous action-research showing that they improve health outcomes.
Proposed action plan based on the discussion of Trustees. Plan is to implement the same in the first week of March 2021.
M.S Chellamuthu Trust
could provide relevant information such as
- Number of centers
- Number of satellite centers
- Geographical spread of centers
- Name of potential nurses willing to work and to become micro-entrepreneurs (detailed selection criteria will be shared based on our experience)
The devices/kits shall be distributed/given to M.S. Chellamuthu Trust nurses on a subscription basis
- Pay as you use model
- Once the initial top up amount is exhausted, the barefoot nurses/ or
M.S. Chellamuthu Trust have to top-up minimum Rs500 and can work until it exhausts.
Three kits with each kit having devices for:
- Blood Sugar
- Heart rate
- Respiratory Rate
- Heart Rate Variability
- Bluetooth enabled devices with mobile application.
are given freely for centers coming under M.S. Chellamuthu Trust Madurai.
- Any repair, the devices will be replaced freely
This project of delivering this service for the mentally ill residing in the rehabilitation centres of M.S. Chellamuthu Trusts and for the outreach mental health camps conducted by M.S. Chella Muthu Trust is dedicated in the memory of M.A. Srivatsa who had been a resident of the rehabilitation centre until his demise on 24th April 2019. Request M.S.Chellamuthu Trust to make a banner to promotes this service in the memory of our brother M.A. Srivatsa through the Srivatsa M.A Memorial Trust for Mental Health.